business, family and life by following
God’s call to finish the race with excellence.
The History of Business Men’s Fellowship
We know that God is sovereign. We see in Scripture how He sets the stage for a divine purpose even years prior to when He will sovereignly move to accomplish that plan. We also know God has a way of getting our attention when He is ready to move. The founding of Business Men’s Fellowship is one of those experiences.
His vision for BMF began with the vision of a renowned Christian statesman, Demos Shakarian, almost sixty years ago with a group of businessmen who had a call to share Jesus Christ with other businessmen in the marketplace – men empowered by the dynamic of the Holy Spirit. That small group grew into a large worldwide laymen’s organization.
In 1995 the organization seemed to some members to be straying from the original vision and a small group of these members within the international organization met in Kansas City, Missouri to pray. Each man came to that meeting with his own perception of what would take place, but the Holy Spirit intervened with His own message. During prayer and reflection God shared His heart for their mission – “You are together here for my purpose and my intentions.” His special purpose and plan for BMF was now revealed.
A Special Plan and Purpose
Business Men’s Fellowship was to be a new ministry, established by the Holy Spirit with a clear focus on what He intended them to accomplish through the power of the Holy Spirit in each man’s life. Luke talks about this outpouring upon Christ’s disciples in Acts 2; though there were many differences of sentiments and interests amongst them in the upper room, they were all in one accord, they had agreed to love one another, to dwell together in unity with the Lord and then the miraculous outpouring of the Spirit and speaking in tongues occurred.
Let us be confident that Pentecost can become the comfort and the challenge it was meant to be to all. When the Holy Spirit came to them, they moved out and started sharing their testimonies, telling people about Jesus everywhere—in Jerusalem, throughout Judea, in Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.
BMF was born and their destiny determined. They were commissioned by God to claim Christ in the marketplace. Every member would be trained, equipped and empowered to fulfill Christ’s instructions for His Great Commission in Matthew 28:19.
BMF Chapters offer a variety of meeting options. Some are one hour midweek breakfast or lunch meetings centered on a strong personal testimony of a Christian businessman. Others are evening or weekend meetings with a longer format. All meetings are designed to reach those who do not have a personal relationship with Christ and to strengthen believers through a clear Gospel presentation and allowing the Holy Spirit to minister.
Statement of Belief
The men of the Business Men’s Fellowship are changing the culture of the marketplace by impacting men for Christ, empowering them with God’s Spirit, and dedicating their lives and resources to bring the message of salvation through Jesus Christ to the world.
- In one God, Maker of all things and being in Trinity of Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- That the Son of God, Jesus Christ, became incarnate, was begotten by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary and is true God and true man.
- The Bible, in its entirety, to be the inspired Word of God and the only infallible rule of faith and conduct.
- In the resurrection of the dead, the eternal happiness of the saved, and the eternal punishment of the lost.
- In the personal salvation of believers through the shed blood of Jesus Christ.
- In Divine healing through faith and that healing is included in the Atonement.
- In the baptism of the Holy Spirit according to Acts 2:4 as distinct from the new birth, and also in the nine gifts of the Spirit listed in 1 Corinthians 12, available to all believers.
- In the Christian’s hope of the imminent, personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- In intensive worldwide evangelization and missionary outreach in accordance with the Great Commission with signs following.
All donations are final and non-refundable